5 months ago
Our client is a highly regarded and fast-growing Chartered Surveying practice incorporating all of the 6 property market sectors including rural, commercial, development, residential, utilities and infrastructure and sustainable energy.
The company is forever growing and now boasts numerous offices across the UK with around 500 employees.
For this reason they are looking for a an experienced Utilities Surveyor to work in Leicestershire.
The Senior Utilities Surveyor duties will include:
- Providing land and compensation advice to a key water and sewerage utility client and its contractors in connection with its capital programme and wholesale operations
- Land referencing, liaising with landowners, engineers, contractors and other key stakeholders
- Liaising with internal planning team and other specialists eg minerals surveyors
- Negotiation of land acquisitions, rights and easements
- Provision of land compensation and valuation advice
- Use of bespoke database
- Management initially of one other utilities surveyor with the aim of growing the team
- Potential opportunities to work with other utilities clients
The successful Senior Utilities Surveyor will have:
- MRICs or AssocRICS qualification (preferably)
- A background in the utilities sector and the water industry in particular is preferred
- Excellent IT and practical GIS skills
- Strong project management
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the confidence to communicate and negotiate effectively at all levels
- The ability to self manage to meet deadline
- Experience in building strong lasting relationships, networking and promoting the business
- Be comfortable in sourcing and delivering new business
- Excellent people skills with the ability to influence decisions
- Outstanding prioritisation and organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Great verbal and written communication.
- Competitive salary
- Company car or equivalent car allowance
- Relevant training provided
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Working in a great environment with a brilliant team!
- Money shopping saving portal
- Commencing on 24 days holidays increasing to 30 over time plus half day on Christmas and New Years Eve, and all bank holidays off
- Regular company social and sporting activities
GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.