Up to £50000 per annum
4 months ago
A new opportunity has arisen with our client who are currently looking for a home based Structural Engineer / Surveyor who has several years' experience in building defects diagnostics to join their team within the Bristol area.
Our clients are a forward thinking, specialist building consultancy providing inspections of residential properties, commercial buildings and assets across the UK. Who at the heart of their business is a strong culture of professional integrity, quality, safety and client collaboration.
Key duties will include;
- Inspection of all types of buildings and structures and the preparation of digital reports, live on site
- Preparation of specifications for remedial works
- Providing technical support for Buildings Insurance claims, including subsidence, fire and storm damage
- Reporting to the Managing Director and providing progress reports
- Developing new ideas to help shape the future of the business
To be considered for the role of Structural Engineer / Surveyor you will need to have:
- Structural Engineer MIStructE (desired)
- Several years post graduate experience in the inspection and reporting on structural defects (essential)
- Historic Buildings experience (desired)
- Excellent knowledge of traditional and non-traditional construction (essential)
- Expert Witness experience (desired)
- Proficient in IT systems (essential)
- Buildings Insurance claims experience (desired)
- Ability to work from home.
- Systems capability:
- All aspects of Microsoft Office
- Familiar with Apple Mac systems
- GoReport (training will be provided)
As a Structural Engineer / Surveyor you'll be required to work 37.5 hours per week.
In return our client is offering a basic salary of £50,000 plus additional benefits.
GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.