Our clients, a successful bridging finance firm, are currently looking for an experienced Head of Underwriting to join their successful team in the Borehamwood area.
As the Head of Underwriting, you will be expected to plan and lead the management of the underwriting team in support of the company’s overall strategy and business goals, including delivery and conversion of good quality loans. This role will be based in their Borehamwood office 3 days a week and the other 2 days from home.
Our client is a lender for property developers/investors who are undertaking large projects within commercial and residential properties. They deal with a wide range of loan values and purposes, making the role an interesting and varied prospect for the successful candidate.
Key duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Oversee the Underwriting Team in the management of multiple cases, ensuring quality outputs in both sales and customer service.
- Lead regular team meetings to manage the pipeline effectively and attend the monthly sales meetings.
- Maintain all documentation templates, but also suggest and amend existing documentation if appropriate including application forms, heads of terms, standard instructions, Loan Agreements etc.
- Liaise with 3rd parties – borrowers, brokers, surveyors and solicitors and funding lines in addition to working closely with the BDM’s to maximise sales opportunities.
- Ensure efficient utilisation of multiple existing facilities both in terms of criteria, funding restrictions and profits.
- Keep fully up to speed with all legislative changes.
- Regular meetings with the Asset Managers with regards to development drawdowns, monthly servicing, redemptions, extensions, and possible litigation action.
- Manage the underwriting team, coaching and encouraging knowledge gain.
- Production of bi-weekly reports for team meetings.
To be considered for the role of Head of Underwriting you must have the following requirements:
- Clear track record of experience in an Underwriting role.
- Management experience would be preferable.
- Development & Bridging Experience is essential
- Ability to set out a clear structure for every member of the team.
- Monday to Friday between the hours of 9 am – 5:30 pm
- 3 days from the office and 2 days from home
In return, our client is offering the successful Head of Underwriting the following:
- Basic £50,000 - £80,000 DOE
- Company benefits.
Due to high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd who is acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.