Our client is a fast-growing social housing company that provides specialist accommodation to Local Authorities nationwide. They are looking for an experienced Maintenance Operative to work within their self contained and shared accommodation in Ipswich. You will be required to travel to other areas within the Norwich/East Suffolk/Kings Lynn/West Norfolk/Essex area. Reactive property repairs are carried out at residential tenanted properties where some tenants are complex/vulnerable and therefore the candidate must be comfortable working with sometimes challenging clients. Lone working experience is preferred.
As a Maintenance Operative your role will involve:
- All aspects of property maintenance and repairs
- Furniture removal
- Lock changes
- Cleaning and tidying of rooms and communal areas
- Meeting of Contractors where necessary
- Void property maintenance repairs are to be carried out when rooms are vacated, and any repairs of damage must be completed within very tight timescales.
To be considered for the Maintenance Operative role you must have:
- Previous experience within the same role
- A full driving licence
- You are expected to provide your own tools
As a Maintenance Operative, you’ll be required to work full-time Monday to Friday.
Our client is offering the successful Maintenance Operative
- £22,000 - £25,000 basic
- Use of a company vehicle
Due to high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd who is acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.