Our client is a busy and expanding Design and Property Consultancy and they are recruiting for a Principal Civil Engineer to join their team in Ipswich.
As a Principal Civil Engineer your role will involve:
- Lead a team of Civil and Structural Engineers, supporting the business, team and colleagues to achieve maximum potential
- Manage the team effectively with adherence to commercial performance and resource management via productivity and time methods
- Be an authority on Civil Engineering matters in the team and the business
- Support the professional development of team members
- Manage effectively Sub-Contractor and Consultant Partners.
- Hold a strong knowledge of Legislation, Policies, Good Practice and Guidance and apply this to the Studio and Business.
- Ensuring projects are completed on budget and on schedule.
- Preparing scheme designs with costings, programmes for completion of projects and specifications of works
- Organising documents for tender and advising on appointing contractors, designers and procurement routes for a project.
- Undertake feasibility, concept and detail civil engineering design and checking
- Organise and undertake inspections of civil engineering installations
- Ensure approvals from statutory bodies are obtained
- Prepare and check reports including Flood Risk Assessments
- Create and check engineering drawings using CAD packages and sketches for drafting
- Assessing the environmental impact and risks connected to design decisions
- Assessing the Health and Safety impact and risks connected to design decisions
- Managing, directing and monitoring progress during each phase of a project
- Monitoring and inspecting work that is undertaken by contractors
- Lead design delivery, client relationship management, team performance and support for your Associate
- Undertake a checking process of civil engineering design to ensure quality
To be considered for the Principal Civil Engineer role you must have:
- A relevant degree or proven experience in Civil Engineering, including being professionally chartered with ICE (or working towards)
- Experience in SuDs drainage and highways working in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Knowledge of structural engineering
- Comprehensive knowledge of building regulations and of planning legislation and health and safety
- Effective communication skills across a range of contacts
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- You will be a highly experienced professional with strong interpersonal and organisational skills, including attention to detail and multitasking
- You will have team management experience and be able to demonstrate leadership competencies
- Excellent problem-solving skills
As a Principal Civil Engineer, you’ll be required to work full time, Monday to Friday.
Our client is offering the successful Principal Civil Engineer:
- £55,000 basic
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Bonus scheme
- Discounted train travel
- Discount on parking in Ipswich
- Pension scheme
- Medical insurance
- Team building events and regular summer and Christmas events
Due to the high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd who is acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage