Our client is a highly regarded and established firm delivering construction services throughout the UK. They offer a diverse range of services to include concrete, civils, main contracting and design and build.
They are actively looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor with recent and relevant construction/civils experience. The successful Quantity Surveyor will have a positive and professional attitude and the ability to work both within a team and independently.
The Quantity Surveyor duties will include;
- Setting up subcontractor procurement plans and strategies to ensure timely and most cost-effectively subcontractor procurement including labour-only subcontractors.
- Appointment of all Sub-Contract agreements in line with procurement schedule, ensuring profit maximisation through securing net cost betterment through close liaison with the supply chain.
- Ensure that appropriate supply chain insurance meets the project requirements and is kept up to date through the duration of the contract works.
- Agreeing with subcontractor final accounts upon completion of their contract works.
- To attend handover meetings with estimating team and assist project lead to establishing quantities at an early stage.
- Ensure commercial reports are prepared and issued timeously for the client progress meetings.
- Attend and report on all commercial aspects during weekly project team meetings.
- Ensure live contracts records are updated and maintained for all contracts.
- Provide weekly general update to Senior Management
- Ensure adequate records are kept of relevant matters.
- Provider analysis reports on subcontractors
- Maintain win rate ratios and feedback to Senior Management
The successful Quantity Surveyor will have;
- Full UK driving licence
- Degree qualified or at least 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Demonstrable experience in Construction/Civils sectors.
Our client is offering salary and benefits of:
- Competitive basic salary depending on experience
- As well as a negotiable car allowance,
- Pension scheme and healthcare
Due to high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd who is acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.