My clients, a successful and growing financial planning firm based in Brighton, are currently looking for an experienced Paraplanner to join their expanding team.
The successful candidate will have the right mix of hard work and a shining personality to thrive within this growing business. You will be working closely with the Financial Adviser and the rest of the Administration team, this would suit someone looking to become part of a dynamic, forward-thinking IFA business.
Paraplanning is a technical function that supports and informs the work of Financial Advisers in all areas of finance, including pensions, mortgages, general insurance, tax, and investment management. A Paraplanner’s key role is to process the personal information provided by clients during a meeting with their Financial Adviser, before researching the best solutions that meet each client’s financial needs.
Responsibilities included in the role of a Paraplanner:
- Assist the Financial Adviser/Planner in establishing new client relationships.
- Assess clients’ financial circumstances.
- Prepare financial statements to support the development of clients’ financial strategies.
- Research and analyse products and services that are appropriate to each client’s financial circumstances.
- Propose and draft financial solutions that meet clients’ goals, needs and objectives.
- Assist with the accurate completion of application and proposal forms.
- Implement actions such as changing existing investment holdings and policy information, as directed by the Financial Adviser/Planner.
- Support the ongoing client relationship, including maintaining a client file review system to regularly assess client holdings and changing financial priorities.
Essential Skills & Experience for the role of a Paraplanner:
- At least 2 years Paraplanning experience.
- Good knowledge of pensions, investments, and protection products
- Strong report writing skills
- Hard-working and have great attention to detail
- £35,000-£45,000 per year (Salary will be based on experience and qualifications)
- 25 days holiday
- Bank holidays
- Company-paid eye tests & flu jabs
- Death in service x3 annual salary
- Company pension scheme.
Due to high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd who is acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.